Société VIA is a provincial leader in the management of recyclable materials. With a mission focused on social inclusion, it stands out as an adapted company operating through its network of sorting centers. Société VIA aims to create employment opportunities for people living with functional limitations, while actively contributing to the preservation of the environment by promoting responsible recycling practices.
The OHS coordinator plays a key role in consolidating the OHS culture. As a professional, he supports plant managers and their teams in implementing and maintaining good health and safety practices, and ensures that the various players have the appropriate training and knowledge. Through its analyses and annual action plan, it addresses the most important OHS priorities and issues.
WHY APPLY TO SOCIÉTÉ VIA?
The Société VIA team is proud to offer its employees the very best in competitive benefits and a personalized approach to their needs. At Société VIA, we make sure that everyone feels they are making a difference within the team by leveraging everyone’s strengths.
- Hybrid work, telecommuting according to current policy
- Modern workspaces
- 2 personal days off upon hiring, public holidays and 6 sick days
- Vacations based on recognition of years of experience
- Cell allocation and expense account
- A range of group insurance products
- Group RRSP with employer contribution ofup to 6%.
- Telemedicine and employee assistance program
- Year-round events and activities
- Development opportunities and further training
- Electric car charging stations, free coffee and fruit on site.
- Sound corporate management with transparency and autonomy
THE HEALTH AND SAFETY COORDINATOR’S MAIN TASKS
1. Establishes, monitors and reports on action plans
a. Draw up an annual action plan, based on the analyses carried out;
b. Implements the action plan through health and safety committees and other relevant activities;
c. Follows up on the results of actions taken;
d. Draws up the annual OHS report.
2. Supports plant managers in the implementation of good health and safety practices and ensures compliance.
a. Acts as a resource person with regard to applicable health and safety laws, standards and regulations;
b. Supports managers in implementing a strong OHS culture and respecting the following elements:
- Emergency measures plan
- Fire Brigade
- Prevention program
- OHS Committee
- Factory inspection
- Health and safety roles and responsibilities
c. Conducts an annual plant audit and provides feedback to the management team;
d. Accompany plant managers during CNESST visits or other audits.
3. Coordinates OHS training and prevention management
a. Develops and delivers health and safety training for employees and managers;
b. Coordinates OHS awareness activities;
c. Carries out risk analysis and makes recommendations;
d. Administers KPIs, analyzes them and makes recommendations based on the results.
4. Manages CNESST files
a. Supports managers in the day-to-day management of CNESST files;
b. Is the reference person for external stakeholders.
- DEC in industrial hygiene or BAC in administration/industrial relations/human resources
- University certificate in health and safety (an asset)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Multi-site experience, ability to work remotely
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and files
- Analytical skills, able to identify problems and implement an action plan
- Interpret the analyses, then plan the actions in the plan
- Influential leadership to implement recommended measures in all plants