The mechanic at Société VIA is an essential player in ensuring that the sorting center and its operations remain efficient. From repairing multiple state-of-the-art machines, to preventive maintenance of equipment, to writing incident reports, the mechanic enjoys being in the action and working at the heart of the sorting center.
Why apply to Société VIA?
- Salary starting at $29.10/hr if you have 5 years’ experience + an evening bonus of $1.25/hr. If you count like me, you’re looking at nearly $31/hr. Not enough for you? Here’s what else you can expect from us!
- 5 evenings a week
- 6 sick days and 2 floating vacations per year. A mobile leave is a leave to do what you want, but paid to do what you want! All this, plus 10 holidays a year and 2 weeks of vacation.
- RRSP with employer contribution.
- Group insurance and doctor on your cell phone (Dialogue).
- A kit of quality tools and equipment just waiting for your talent.
- The working atmosphere is young and dynamic. Not only is it a young crowd, it’s also a young atmosphere. In concrete terms, that means we’re going to trust you, encourage you to express yourself, explore ideas and share our experience with you…because Jérémie, there’s a lot behind the tie.
- To be part of a team where fun at work is guaranteed
- For a unique work experience with great people
You are recognized as :
- Positive, resourceful and a leader.
- Organized and results-oriented
- Good communicator, able to listen to the needs of your teammates and clearly express the various issues
- Able to bring out your strengths within a team.
- Perform preventive maintenance according to work orders;
- Participate in major work carried out outside production hours with various subcontractors;
- Order parts or components related to its sector while keeping the inventory up to date;
- Communicate with the supervisor to inform him/her of the progress of the work and any upcoming problems. Issue recommendations as needed;
- Keep electrical and mechanical components clean and tidy;
- Actively participate in industrial development, continuous improvement and Kaizen;
- Develop expertise in electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic maintenance
Minimum 2 years’ experience, and 5 years is better.