WHY APPLY TO SOCIÉTÉ VIA?
The project engineer is a key player in our team. In addition to taking charge of large-scale projects in our 5 major sorting centers, he provides technical support to managers in improving performance and efficiency. Like us, you thrive on challenges? Rigorous, methodical and creative are qualities you possess? Then our HR team would like to meet you!
The Société VIA team is proud to offer its employees the very best in competitive benefits and a personalized approach to your needs. At Société VIA, we make sure that everyone feels that they make a difference within the team by valuing each person’s strengths.
- Modern workspaces
- 2 personal days off upon hiring, public holidays and 6 sick days
- Vacations based on recognition of years of experience
- Cell allocation and expense account
- A range of group insurance products
- Group RRSP with employer contribution of up to 6%.
- Telemedicine and Employee Assistance Program Dialogue
- Year-round events and activities
- Development opportunities and further training
- Electric car charging stations, free coffee and fruit on site.
- Sound corporate management with transparency and autonomy
THE MAIN TASKS OF THE PROJECT ENGINEER:
1. Project management (multi-site, frequent travel)
- Understands the needs of sorting centers and participates in project implementation (feasibility, preparatory studies, performance objectives, process analysis, plans and specifications in accordance with the various standards, regulations, laws and best practices);
- Participates in the preparation of specifications and ensures that all requirements and standards are met;
- Coordinates the implementation of projects and respects deadlines, manages budgets and planned resources;
- Follows up projects and provides technical support;
- Carries out project closing activities, including the balance sheet;
- Defines tools and standards to ensure knowledge transfer to plants.
2. Continuous improvement and technical support in plants
- Support plant managers and production teams in improving plant performance;
- Participate in continuous improvement meetings (Kaizen);
- Propose and implement solutions to improve work processes and organization.
3. Technology development
- Performs analysis or R&D to improve product performance or value;
- Produces the technical portion of the various plans and helps draw up administrative documents (grant applications);
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of his profession and the company’s sector of activity.
YOU ARE RECOGNIZED AS :
- Organized, structured and tidy
- Creative and responsible
- Axé customer service
- Respectful of established processes
- A critical thinker
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED :
- Member of the Quebec Order of Engineers
- Mechanical or industrial engineer
- Excel and Power BI
- Autocade, Solidwork, Inventor
- Knowledge of building mechanics
- Knowledge of the waste management sector (asset)